Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Birds Are Back In Town

House Wren
It seems like it has been a long and chilly spring. The Robins have been back for quite awhile but I was waiting for the House Wren to come back and sing his song every morning to wake me up. It seems like the House Wren never stops singing; all day long and almost all summer long they sing their little song, the song is a little annoying to some but I like it. House Wren Chatter

Indigo Bunting
Anyway, my wife had a birthday the other day and when she got up and looked out the window she saw an Indigo Bunting in the bird feeder. It was a real treat she loves Buntings but they never show up at our feeders. We had one stop by last year for about 10 minutes and we never saw him again, but this one stayed all day and into the next. We also have Orioles pass through but never stay. This morning I found one picking up nesting materials from around our deck. Nice, I hope they stay.

Here are some of the birds we have seen over the last few days.

Gold Finch


Hummingbird


Oriole

Purple Finch

Rose Breasted Grossbeak

Yellow Warbler

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures! I love the Gold Finch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pictures!! It's cool to think that most of them were taken in one day! I told mom they all came back to wish her a Happy Birthday because they love her so much, or at least that they love that she feeds them so much!
    The Oriole is pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! Lisa has been keeping a journal of all the birds in her feeder this year, we both think that our feeders have seen more birds than usual. She has 9 oriole nest by her house - they have that huge Willow that they love.

    ReplyDelete