Thursday, August 4, 2011

Schroeder's Chocolate Sauce

Well once again we will crack open our Peanuts Cook Book and try out another recipe; this month it is a chocolate sauce for ice cream. Ice cream is the perfect treat makes no difference what the season or time of day it always seems to satisfy that inner longing for comfortable eating. I sent this recipe to my daughter and she is going to give it a try...I will let you know what she says. Christal said that she may try making it with Agave syrup instead of honey; her son has food allergies and in the past has had to go somewhere special to get the type of chocolate ice cream syrup that he can eat.


Just a reminder that this book is over 40 years old and they cooked a little differently than we do now; things were not so convenient back in the day. I can well imagine that big sisters still act the same way that Lucy did however...my youngest sister has always acted that way. (just joking Jackie)

3 comments:

  1. This is the youngest sister sticking out her tounge...

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way: I did make the chocolate syrup. It turned out good and the agave is a good substitute for honey, and I used chocolate chips instead of the unsweetened chocolate. Very easy and good!

    ReplyDelete