Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Wisconsin Valley Fair...(fairly fun)

Kiss Kiss
I do not like big crowds so a trip to the fair has never been one of my favorite things; not like...well you know;

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings. Like you know, "The Sound of Music". Which is not one of my favorite things either.

 I really did enjoy the fair. My grandson Caleb entered a painting (blue ribbon), a bird house that I helped him with (blue ribbon), and a model boat (red ribbon); way to go Caleb you are awesome. I got to see some Franks; no not hot dogs real people. I am always curious what other Franks look like, really we are not a bad group of guys. I saw some animals, and other peoples exhibits. It was a fun day that Mary and I shared with my niece, my daughter and my three grandsons. I did eat an elephant ear pastry as well. I hope you enjoy the pictures.


Bluebird House

Caleb's Model

Caleb's Painting
Sheep Show

Crook...I mean a carny

Frank

Frank

A handmade guitar


New Friends

Little Cow



3 comments:

  1. Way to go Caleb, now next year it is Ethan and Silas' turn to take something to the fair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had such a great time at the Fair and I'm so proud of Caleb. I know next year we will have more entires and more fun!! =)

    ReplyDelete