Tuesday, January 4, 2011

It's My Popular Fault

I wish I was better than I am. There is room for improvement in all of us, myself included...but really, I am pretty close to being well (in my own modest way) awesome. I have always said, "The nice about being me is I do not need to be anyone else." Truthfully the humor in the comic in my previous post is; I am with Calvin. I am awesome! Alright, so I aint. Thanks for popping my ego bubble.

I came across a list while reading a book and it had very helpful advise in it. If you love lists and neat little packages of advise you will love this. I got it in the "How to Improve Others" section of the book store. I am an expert now; so here is what my  your problem is. (Really I am just kidding)


The most popular time wasters. From a book called "The Time Trap"

  1. Attempting to do too much
  2. Unrealistic time estimates
  3. Procrastinating...(ouch, my bad)
  4. Lack of specific priorities
  5. Failure to listen well
  6. Doing it all yourself-failure to delegate or ask for help
  7. Inability to say no
  8. Perfectionism-focusing on needless details
  9. Lack of organization
  10. Failure to write it down
  11. Reluctance to get started...(ouch again)
  12. Absence of self appointed deadlines
  13. Not doing the first things first
Wow, can I ever see "your" defects in this list. try working on some of these will you please. Alright I will.

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! Okay.. you got me. This list is so basic.... but exactly what I need to remind myself of how to get things done! This list is going on my fridge!
    Having said that.. I am getting off the computer! =)

    By the way: I think your pretty awesome too!!

    ReplyDelete