Tuesday, January 25, 2011

French Fries and Coping With Grief

This is another recipe from my "Peanuts Cook Book" published in 1970, (I was just a little kid).This month we are looking at the way Mrs. Brown made french fries, and the way that Snoopy copes with love lost.

Do You remember what Charlie Brown's dad did to earn a living? 

French fries are real comfort food, we had some oven baked french fries last night for supper. With this recipe you will be able to warm up the house a bit and sit down to a plate full of hot, salty goodness. Be certain to dry off the potatoes before you try to bake them.

I hope you try this recipe and enjoy them.
Back in 1970 we would go to McDonalds in Schofield. I would ride my bike down Grand Avenue, cross over to the east side of the street, which was a rather scary endeavor, because of the traffic. The McDonalds had golden arches and ceramic benches attached to the side of the building where we would park our bikes and eat our fries, and Coke. I think the price was 19 cents for an order of fries and 29 cents for a hamburger. I remember how exciting it was to go there...funny.

The McDonalds in Schofield looked almost identical to this one from Pensacola Florida.

1 comment:

  1. Okay.. so I admit that I thought about this question for a while and couldn't come up with the answer. I googled it. THEN I remembered after I found out what the answer was. No "real" points for me. His dad was a barber.

    ReplyDelete