Thursday, March 24, 2011

March Madness

Alright already, where do I live; the north pole? I can hardly believe the snow, it is almost depressing. This sort of thing is very maddening in March. I even missed church last night because the road we live on had so much snow on it.

We have had Robins and Red Wings in our yard already this year and then the snow; oh well. We saw our first Robin on St. Patricks Day this year; which was before than my brother-in-law Bruce, I think he thinks it is a competition of who is going to see a Robin first. I won this year...maybe I am making it a contest all by myself.

I have no new Robin pictures for you but I did see this funny little deer on the sidewalk this morning shortly after 6 a.m. I purchased a trail cam for Mary this last Christmas (but this is a much nicer photo than the trail cam) and we have enjoyed having deer in our yard, right up until they begin chewing on the perennials, or tipping over something. I don't mind too much though it is a nice diversion from the routine.

We had a big winter storm move through yesterday, and this little deer was trying to get food that the birds had dropped from the feeder into the new snow.

1 comment:

  1. I saw a Robin on Monday, 3/21. You beat me again this year too. The snow, then lightning and thunder....with snow....that was freaky. I hope this is Winter's last Hoorah!!!

    ReplyDelete