Sunday, January 13, 2013

You Are So...Uncommon


I have recently come upon a startling thought...(ok maybe not startling)... but interesting none the less. There is an old saying that says, "there is nothing more uncommon than common sense."

I am so...uncommon

Well, with that being said...

Average, dare I say, common people, posses the potential to be really uncommon and interesting,  simply by being themselves. Not just uncommon and interesting but strong, and self confident. Strong enough to be encouragers, good examples, positive role models, and healthy parents raising kids to rise above the wash of low self esteem.

After all no is quite like you. So stop measuring yourself by other peoples standards. It seems that we are surrounded by people not comfortable being themselves, and they struggle with joy stealing self loathing. People who just never seem to be happy. How sad for them.

You are like a finger print, no one is quite as uncommon as you are. So despite my rather common appearance fishing on the big water, I really am quite an uncommon sort of guy.

Uncommon (adjective)
out of the ordinary...unusual...remarkably great.

Yeah thats us..Our best days are still ahead of us. Repeat after me...My best days are still ahead of me...say it again...My best...you get the idea, tell yourself everyday.

2 comments:

  1. I'm over at Mom's reading her your post...we like it! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Encouraging post! Good read on a rainy day like today! Such a sweet comment on here from Dicky!

    ReplyDelete