Monday, December 12, 2011

Why Oh Why Cant It Be Like That Here?


Almost four years ago now I took a trip to Martinique to see my brother in the French Caribbean and I enjoyed it immensely; I was able to totally forget about it being winter here. Now I am not typically an unhappy sort of guy, but I am sick of cold weather already and it is only the middle of December.

"Help me Jesus I am fading (freezing) fast"

This last year we have become Home Missionaries by helping out in a growing Home Missions church pastored by my very good friend Jeff Peckham. I am wondering if the Lord sent me someone else's mail; maybe I was supposed to go to Fiji or Barbados; at least that is what my cold fingers tell me when I go outside. (Please understand this is all in jest, I know I am in the middle of God's will for my life). Why can't it just be in the 60s I would love to mow the yard again.

The Bible says that godliness with contentment is great gain. I have been so blessed, especially in the last year with the birth of a brand new granddaughter Coralie; she is such a sweetie pie. I am content in spite of the cold. Let winter come and stay if it wants I am blessed.

1 comment: