Monday, September 6, 2010

Encouraging Words

I am starting a brand new blog; again. My first blog was a few years back before my attempts at Facebook and other social interactive sites, now after trying those I am back to doing this. I promise not to take things too seriously; unless I change my mind, then I will. I do think that there is a desperate shortage of encouraging words floating around.


One of my favorite Bible characters is Barnabas. Barnabas was an encourager, and he gave people around him second chances. Encouraging words take on a life of there own sometimes, we hear or read things that mean a great deal to us and when the opportunity arises we pass them along. Like having children, words have children also; our hearts should be the fertile ground where more encouragement grows. Encouraging thoughts and words having children that we pass along to make someone else's life or day better because we spoke kind uplifting words into someone else.


I honestly believe that if Jesus were here walking with us He would say something encouraging to us. I have a very sweet grand-daughter who loves to encourage me. "You can do it grandpa"; I could be trying to lift her or just walking out of the house; "you can do it grandpa, yes see you did it". Jesus would very likely be the same; "you can do it Frankie, you can make it, yes you can". Then He would chuckle and say, "see I told you that you could". A pat on the back, a knuckle rub on the head, or a man hug and He is off to visit someone else. He would turn around for one last wave and say, "until next time."

1 comment:

  1. I like this! Really, if you think on it, the words we hear or say to each other are more than just words. I'm sure we all have memories of mean kids in school- "fatso", "dummy", - 30 some years out of grade school and I can still remember where I was standing on the playground at Schofield school when I heard some mean words. We all have words....let's be encouraged to say good ones to each other. Love ya Frank!

    ReplyDelete