Monday, September 6, 2010

The Great Pumpkin season is near

Today is Labor Day and fall is in the air. I mowed my yard short. There are parts of the yard that will not need to be mowed anymore this year. The Great Pumpkin time of year is getting closer.

The other day I went to Two Rivers to see a good friend of mine who had surgery. I love books; used books. A really good place to find used books is in a Goodwill store. So while I was visiting and on the way home I stopped at Goodwill stores. I came across a used cookbook written by Charles M. Schulz; it was not until I got home that I realized that the book was a first publication with a date of January 1970.

Wow, I was a pre-teen back in January of 1970. It was around the same time that a neighbor of mine named Mark, first told me about Snoopy and Charlie Brown. I really wanted to get myself some books but we did not have a lot of extra money and I knew that paperback comic type books, were not on the list of priorities for our family budget. Anyway I bought this book the other day and thought I would share a recipe with you.



I have not tried this formula; I was a baker for almost 30 years and this recipe looks like it would make a real honest to goodness cookie. I think the oven seems a little hot and the time seems a little long but that is why you should make a test pan; even professional bakers do with a new formula. If you make changes be sure to write them down so you don't forget. 

As always cookies go great with milk or coffee; especially if you over bake them by mistake, then you just tell people that they are intended for "dunkin".

No comments:

Post a Comment