Monday, September 13, 2010

Slim the Phasmatodea

Remember the Walking Stick? Well I caught him and put him in a jar and named him Slim. Slim seemed to be a happy sort of, ...well...uh..."stick". I kept him until I realized that he might be happier outside and not in  my big jar. I did go buy romaine lettuce especially for him because that is one of the types of food that walking sticks like to eat. I did sprinkle water on him because everyone needs water; we all do, even birds and bugs. The issue was that he always stayed at the top of the jar breathing fresh air and no doubt trying to figure out how to get out. Slim was not my prisoner so I decided that he would happiest outdoors, so I set him free.

My granddaughter Olivia, did not like the "bug" at all, she is afraid of all bugs. If the insect has legs or wings she will have no part of it. My grandsons however find bugs very interesting. The boys came over to see Slim for the first time and then we let him go. Before we let Slim go we all held him and let him crawl on us. Creepy Crawly? Not really Slim has very good manners.

I am sure that he is happy and well hidden.

No comments:

Post a Comment