Thursday, September 16, 2010

A New Bird...(for me)

This has been a pretty active week for birding at our house. I am guessing that fall migration is in full swing and we are fortunate enough to see the birds passing through on their way to a more comfortable home for the winter; although we have plenty of birds that stick it out to keep us company in the cold weather.

I was fairly excited to see a brand new bird; I am sure that almost everyone else has seen this bird before it is new to us. I have never seen the Redstart before; he is a welcome visitor any time that he wants to show up.

This week we have seen:
American Goldfinch
Chickadee
White and Red Breasted Nuthatch
Blue Jay
Northern Flicker (at least a dozen)
American Robin (dozens)
Cedar Waxwing
Yellow Warbler
Downey Woodpecker
Red Bellied Woodpecker
American Redstart
*Yellow Bellied Sapsucker
* Hermit Thrush
(*not sure but I have pictures)








1 comment: