Friday, October 15, 2010

Banana Bread (an easy to make great tasting recipe)

 I know this wonderful couple, both are true Christians who love people, and are former missionaries to the men and women of the military  in Asia, including Mongolia. Be honest when is the last time you thought about Mongolia? Rufus and Pam Parker are great people and I am fortunate to name them among my friends; I should ask if they name Mary and I as friends...I sure hope so.


We had Brother Rufus Parker, who was at that time a missionary, come to Wausau and talk to our men at church on a Friday night. As a Command Sergeant Major in the Army he had achieved the highest rank that an enlisted man could attain; so he does know a great deal about dealing with men, and motivational skills. Sis. Pam his wife, is a excellent communicator, and teacher. Teaching practical Christian life skills is what she does best, (at least I think so). Great People!


As a missionary Bro Parker was selling a cookbook that had been put together by families in the military, and friends; it was here I found one of my favorite recipes. You know me I like simple recipes that produce great tasting food, if the recipes is too complicated I will likely not make it no matter how good it is. Croissants being the possible exception. The recipe is for Banana Bread. It is the sort of bread that you can teach a kid to make, it is simple and very good; but you really need brown or black bananas to make it taste best. Don't be shy pick up a brown bag of brown bananas next time you go shopping and give it a try. Here it is.


Banana Bread by Amy Regal
1 cup Sugar
1/3 cup butter
2 eggs
1  1/2 cups mashed bananas (3 to 4 medium)
1/3 cup water
1  2/3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)


(here is the best part) instructions:
Mix all together and pour into greased bread pan. Bake 350 until golden brown. (Simple) I use a tooth pick to check the center; like a brownie.


I bake mini loaves. If you oil the blade of a knife and slice the top of the batter before you bake, you will be able to control the "crack" that forms when you bake any batter bread.


If you are interested in the books that have been written by Rufus Parker or his daily devotional, check out:
 http://morningmanna-parker.blogspot.com/


Books by Rufus Parker:
"If God Be For Us, Who Can Be Against Us"
"Developing The Man In The Mirror"
"Reflections of the Man In The Mirror"

No comments:

Post a Comment