Thursday, November 18, 2010

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

My plate my cookies...yumm
I was over at my mom's house today, helping her however I could. It is pretty hard to watch your one of your parents or both of your parents get old. I remember one day, well before my dad passed away, looking at him and realizing that he got old at one point and I did not see it coming. Just yesterday it seemed he was helping me move and working around the house. But one day I looked across the table and saw an old man looking back; sort of like when I look in the mirror. My dad passed away a little over two years ago, it was very difficult to let him go.

My mom lives in the same house that I grew up in; I mean really I lived in the same house all of my childhood. One night, when I was spending the night at mom and dads house after they had both gone to sleep. I was still awake listening for someone to wake up or get something if they needed it. While sitting in the semi-darkness of the living room, I heard the same sounds that I had grown up with. The train down the street and cars going down the avenue right outside the  front door, it was sort of strange.

Well anyway I was at mom's today and getting sort of restless just waiting around to do something so I decided that I would make some homemade bread and some fresh cookies. So I made peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. Now, I am not a big fan of peanut butter cookies, but they are soft enough for my mom to eat. She had about 3 bags of chocolate chips in the cupboard so I made PBCC cookies.

My mom loved them and they were pretty simple so here goes, and I am all about simplicity in cooking and baking.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

1     Cup     Soft Butter
1     Cup     P.Butter (crunchy if you like)
1     Cup     Sugar
1     Cup     Brown Sugar

2    Eggs
1     tsp       Vanilla

2 1/2   Cups     Flour
1 1/2    tsp        Soda
3/4      tsp        Salt

1      bag      Chocolate chips

Mix well the butters and sugars, then add the eggs and beat until it starts to get sort of fluffy looking. Add the vanilla and mix. Last add all of the dry ingredients and mix well. Scrape the bowl and make sure that there is no gooey unmixed stuff on the bottom of the bowl. Scoop out any size cookie dough ball that you like. I press my cookies down with a fork and criss-cross the cookie top, just like my mom and grandma did. There are a few variables to consider when baking, like the type of cookie sheet and the oven's personality; but you know your oven and your cookie sheets so have at it. I baked mine at 370 for 10 mins, (give or take).

enjoy

1 comment:

  1. Joseph Campbell:
    Frank, these are some of my favorites, thanks for sharing!

    -joseph

    ReplyDelete