Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Today Is My Birthday

Wow I am very excited to be a grand old 53 years young. I am glad to be here, and grateful to be as healthy as I am. I am blessed. I have known, I think, three other people who have shared my special day and one of them was actually born the same day as me. There is Theresa, (she is the same age as me), also an elderly neighbor,who passed a number of years ago, that I had growing up by the name of Esther, and a sweet girl from church who is about to become a mommy for the first time, by the name of Lucinda (Lucy).

If there were men or women who did not age or had discovered a way to cheat aging and death I would feel bad, but everyone ages. I am convinced that it is not how old you are that entitles you to respect or love; it is the way that you love and respect others. There seems to be point in the aging process that some reach, when an imaginary filter of civility wears out, and people become extra opinionated and crabby. If I ever get to the place where I feel like I no longer need to be polite and caring please let me know, and if I resist your help and insist being a grouch; just shoot me. I just don't want to be divisive or discouraging, at any point in my life.

I have had a number of relatives who have passed away prematurely; cousins and an aunt who have gone away to soon. I am glad to be here.

Happy Birthday to me.
I am only 53
I don't mean to be conceited
But I'm awesome, just ask me.
(sung to the tune of Happy Birthday)

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY NEPHEWI WAS THERE TO HELP CARE FOR YOU WHEN YOU WERE BORN I SPENT ALOT OF TIME ROCKING AND SPOILING YOU ALSO PROTECTING YOU FROM THE OLDER KIDS SO I REALLY WISH YOU A HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOVE AUNT JACKIE OH I MEANT TO THANK YOU FOR COMMING TO THE HOSPITAL LORI TO IT CHEERED ME UP A LOT

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,(=
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,(=
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO GRANDPA,(=
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY YO YOU,(=
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDPA!!!!
    this might not post though.....

    ReplyDelete